ShareThis

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Review: The Beautiful Dead


The Beautiful Dead
The Beautiful Dead by Daryl Banner

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I was provided a copy of The Beautiful Dead for review.

I'm not usually into a whole lot of zombie, but I was asked to give Daryl's book a whirl. Daryl is a new author to me, and one of my worst personal downfalls to be immediately skeptical when going into a work of an author I know nothing about.

What you need to know is this book is AMAZING.

Daryl takes the basic, traditional concept of a zombie and literally throws it out of a 5 story window where the wind can carry it off and scatter it to the infinite corners of our round little planet.

There's a sense of realism in this world of death and decay. In providing different types of beings gives this story more depth. Life as we know it is not just a basic, single basic plain of existence, so having that same complexity in this story of life after death provides a sort of relatable enjoyment.

Daryl also has a well balanced dry sense of humor that he's ingeniously woven into his main character, Winter. I enjoyed her snarky responses, especially when faced with something worse than death.

Even if you're not keen on zombies, I'd still strongly recommend giving this book a try. There is a higher level of grotesqueness, so be aware of that. It's simply not something that phases me, but I'm aware that there's a large number of readers out there that don't have the stomach for it.

In all honesty, I can safely say I'm DESPERATE to get my hands on the next book, and have added The Beautiful Dead to my soon-to-be-purchased paperback lineup.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!