Kat tries to save mankind from an ever-growing number of threats. Besides the insane General from the Midwest, there’s also the original nanobot infection, the question of where all the infected are and now the fear of nuclear meltdowns at power plants across the abandoned East coast.
Kat’s personal life crashes and burns along with half of the nation. She struggles across the country to find her friends and it’s no easy feat with Carch hot on her tail. They make a horrifying discovery, a game changer- and not one in their favor. Kat tries so hard, but will it be enough? You’ll only find out by getting Shocked!
Five Things You May Not Have Known About The Electric Series by Casey Harvell
1) Where the idea began: I love zombies. I see everything zombie as a form of therapy because they terrify me. (I had nightmares for months after watching 28 Days Later.) I really wanted to write an apocalypse. Something terrifying that could rival the chaos and fear of a zombie apocalypse. But where to begin? I started Googling and discovered the Grey-Goo Theory. Thus the nanobot apocalypse was formed.
2) It’s all part of the groove: A large part of my writing involves music. The Electric Series is made possible mainly by Imagine Dragons, The Fray and The Artic Monkeys.
3) A secret: Another large factor in the beginning of The Electric Series (Charged) is a vague fan fiction to The Hollows Series by Amanda Hocking (my favorite series EVER!)
4) Where’d B come from? In The Hollows Series Remy has a kickass female lion named Ripley. She’s badass. B’s small yet but give him a bit to catch his bearings. As for the name? B’s been shortened for “Baby Bear” (Charged) but is also the nickname for my neighbor’s turtle because he’s awesome.
5) Lastly: Wired will be the final installment of The Electric Series and will be out sometime this coming winter.
The Electric Series by Casey Harvell
BREAKING NEWS: (Nov 2013)
New strides in nanotechnology have the medical community very excited! Due to the successful testing of BioNano’s new atomic sized nanobots, doctors hope to attempt the first cellular regeneration of its kind.
We are reporting live, up to the minute coverage of the nanobot invasion. Within just a few days the entire eastern seaboard will be affected unless we figure out how to stop them. The issue is that at the rate people are falling to this, all of the scientists with the knowledge to fix them will be overtaken before they have a chance. Please remain indoors if possible, but remember that exposure does not stop with people. These nanobots work on a molecular level. Everything they come in contact with: people, animals, buildings, even water can become a carrier.
Kat’s just an average teenage girl. The new guy moves to town and she's shocked when she falls for the boy next door. With her best friend Brie, and new boyfriend Mason, life is looking better than ever.
When Brie and Kat land a gig for their band, excitement is in the air. But a cross of wires leaves Kat charged with electricity when her amp explodes.
And things just keep getting weirder...A sudden nanobot apocalypse leaves Kat's new talents as the only thing that stands between mankind and the end of the world.
Kat and her friends must travel cross country, and encounter many obstacles along their way. With half the country now gone, the other half is left divided. Kat has to decide if she’s strong enough to help.
Casey Harvell lives in the Hudson Valley of New York with her husband and their two sons. Casey is slightly zombie obsessed and known to use the word “boom” frequently. After releasing three new full length novels in the second half of 2013, she is hard at work on the next installments of her series and a side project or two. You can find all of Casey’s books at www.caseyharvell.com