ShareThis

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tattered Love Tour @authorlolastark


When ex-Special Ops bad-ass Mace walks into Needle's Kiss tattoo parlour, he never expected to find the girl who would turn his life upside down.

Hard as nails Scarlett has been unlucky in love: she’s been burnt, chewed up and spat out. Reluctant to have another relationship, can she keep her wits about her when hot-as-sin Mace walks into her tattoo parlor? Or will he break her down and leave his mark within her ink?

What starts out as a little fun, turns into something so much more.

Can Scarlett look beyond Mace's devastating past or will his demons come back to haunt them both?

Content warning: contains steamy, anywhere-goes sex, an alcohol induced embarrassing night out and two headstrong lovers taken on a whirlwind of crazy.




Where do I start??????????? Where????? My mind jumps to so many places in this book!!! Guess, from the start!

As I started this book, it caught my attention quickly. Each character is vibrant and down-to-earth. These are everyday people that many readers can relate to.

This is such a fresh, modern, hands-on romance that sizzles from beginning to end!!!! I personally wanted to jump in many scenes, push Scar out of the way, and take over with Mace. (Sigh!!!!)

Mace............OH MY!!!! Just his name brings my body temperature up!!!! Alpha male with a heart and humor. The type of guy that any hot-blooded female wants in her life and in her bed or shower!!!! Ex-military, humorous, pierced and inked, muscled, with a vibrancy about him. Not one to shy away about expressing his feelings. (Sighing again!)

Scarlet (Scar)............(How I wish I could take her place.) Beautiful, strong female that overcame her past and built her dream into a reality. Forget about the stereo-typical "weak female", Scar is the complete opposite!!! (Go Girl.) She takes the bull by the horns and gives as well as she receives.

As I read this book, the humor and raw sexual chemistry had me going. I was rooting for Scar and at times, my loyalty switched to Mace.

Lola Stark exposes some hard topics in the book but they are written with class, which no reader can find fault with. My heart broke during these topics.

I must say that this is a great debut for Lola Stark, and I cannot wait for the next installment in this series; Trip's and Teeny's story in "Conflicted Love." 

Reviewed by
Petalouda (Butterfly)




Holy sweet Jesus babies!! I am in love! Well some serious lust anyways. I honestly could not put this book down, hell I want to pick it up and read it all over again. Gahhhh.

Let me get on to one of my favorite parts, the characters. Scarlett(Scar)is your average everyday woman who has had the usual ups and downs in life. For now things are looking up, she has her own business, a tattoo shop and friends that are more family than anything in her life. She is on cloud 9, but sadly that one little detail is missing, love. She is just so unlucky with love,, so she has just decided it's not meant for her. Until that one fateful day that Mace walks into her shop. Mace has just gotten out of the army and is home for good. he decides to pop in and surprise his brother and get a little ink, why not? Little did he know he was going to be smacked dead in the face with the one thing that has been missing in his life, Scar. But this gorgeous hunk of man has lots of hurt in his past that he thinks he can never get over. He may want love and Scar in his life but he honestly thinks he doesn't deserve it. So the big question is will these two finally let themselves see whats standing right in front of them or let their past ruin it all?

Let me tell you, this book was so friggen hot that it had me tearing up. I mean I would get this smirk and bite my lip so much and there were tears in my eyes. No, not from any sad stuff, but guhhh this book was just ..just...amazeballs. Look I am trying to keep it PG here and that's the best I could come up with. I believe I may have permanent teeth marks in my lip now. I loved the characters. Scar was just hot, sassy and tattooed. I love tattoos. I loved the stuff that came out of her mouth, she was friggen hilarious. And Mace, ohh tarter sauce that man. I am telling you, these two have me speechless. The things this man said, from the dirty stuff to the cutey wutey stuff, he had me. And once again, lets throw in more tattoos! Did i mention I love tattoos? Ugh.

On to the story itself. I liked it, it wasn't my favorite part obviously but it was still good. It did have a couple of tiny parts that got a little boring. And let me point out that my most hated word in the English language is the word "panties" and grr that word was used a lot in this book lol I noticed a couple of editing errors and one where I thought in the beginning where the twins were 4 when the mom left but later in the book it said they were 2. I could be completely wrong so don't quote me on that. Even though those tiny things, the characters completely won me over. I mean all of them.

Loved it and can not wait to read more from this series.

My song for this book: You've Seen the Butcher by Deftones


Reviewed by
Ginni Munchk-N



Lola Stark lives in Australia, Is an at home mummy with no filter raising a hoard of minions and a husband who sometimes appears not to have grown up. Lola has loved to read for as long as she can remember. When not wrangling the family she can be found sitting at her computer , writing, facebooking or just generally messing around.

Upcoming Author of 'Needles Kiss' series. A sexy contemporary romance/erotica series. Stay tuned for updates on Book one 'Tattered Love's Scarlett and Mace's story. Here's to tatted up ladies and hard as nails men!




4 x Swag packs includes signed bookmark, card, magnet and sticker plus Mace's Girl dog tag and one of each scar's butterfly tattoo and Mace's scorpion tattoo (temporary)
2 x Tattered Love key rings
2 x Tattered Love pens
1 x Tattered Love notebook
6 x e-copies of Tattered Love (All international)


Visit the other stops!
September 10th:







September 11th:





September 12th:





September 13th:





September 14th:







September 15th:








September 16th:







September 17th:








September 18th:







September 19th:








September 20th:








 

2 comments:

Thanks for your input!