ShareThis

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Distortion Blog Tour #Review @deenaremiel

James White has it all, looks, brains, and a charming personality. But in his romance cover model’s world, those blessings have become a curse. A colleague has blurred the line between life in front of the camera and reality; distorting the truth, and turning a friendship into a dangerous obsession.

Hope Evans had a dream job, working with sexy, hot photographs; turning authors’ dreams into award-winning covers. When unexpectedly laid off, she must find her namesake in life … some kind of hope for her future. Can a birthday wish give her what she truly desires? They say be careful what you wish for.

Destiny brings Jamie and Hope what they’ve been seeking: each other. Fate also throws in a psychopath and her equally sinister sister, both hell-bent on making Jamie and Hope’s world a living hell.

A hero on thousands of romance covers; can he be one for real, when lives are on the line? 

"Oh my God, Hope! Listen to how ridiculous you sound! This isn’t Castle or Bones, for heaven’s sake!" She shook her head, trying to gain some perspective.
Her phone buzzed and she screamed. "Shit!" It was Jamie texting again. He finished the conference call and was about to leave. Did she want anything from the market for lunch later? Do I tell him about what’s happened? If I do, he’ll go nuts. Best to wait and see what Reese finds out. She texted back that she’d love an Italian sub from Gino’s. It would take him ten minutes to get there, five or so minutes to order, and another ten to get back. Just enough time to decompress and get her act together.
 

***


"I did it! I can’t believe it, but I did it!" Adrenaline still coursed through her veins and her knees bobbed furiously up and down under the table. "I got in and messed around with a few things. Then I called her a few times and screwed with her mind. I’ve never felt this powerful before. What a rush!"

"Congratulations. You’ve graduated to the next level of sinister manipulation. Keep your eyes on the prize. Stick to our plan, our goal, and you’ll be a shining success."

"I’m really excited and ready. You know I’ve always looked up to you as a role model. You’re so committed to your career and to taking care of me. And now I get the chance to show you how committed I can be and make things right all at the same time."

"Did you call Bruce like I told you to?"

"Yes. His team’s ready when I am. He said to tell you that he’s real sorry about what’s happened to you. He doesn’t believe what the media’s saying. And he hopes the truth comes out in the end."

"Sweet man. Sweet, stupid man. Good. Listen, don’t come back again or call me. Not until you’ve completed your task. Good luck. I know I can count on you."

"Always." She smiled and blew her a kiss. Damn, but she’d idolized her since they were children, and hoped she could live up to her expectations. It wouldn’t do to fail. They didn’t believe in the absurd idea. Simple as that. As she walked out of the visiting center, she tossed the burn phone in the trashcan and a newfound confidence emerged from within. 



This book was yet another hit from Deena Remiel, she nailed it with this one. The storyline was wonderful and well written, she captured the animosity between the main characters and the stalkers. I loved Hope and James they were both real and wonderful and easy to love, Hope's parents drove me nuts though they were just ugh I don't know who was worse them or Brittany and Bethany. This was a suspenseful read that was funny and sexy all rolled into one. Ms. Remiel does a wonderful job bringing her characters and stories to life whether it be a paranormal read or a contemporary read she rocks it each and every time, she has yet to disappoint me with one of her stories and this one was no exception, absolutely amazing read.


Reviewed by
LainnieBug



My name is Deena Remiel, and I am an author of paranormal romance and urban fantasy. It seems the longer I write, the darker my stories get! But I just can’t get enough of Good vs Evil! I also teach language arts to middle schoolers. Curiously, I find myself being called upon to write all sorts of correspondence for my family and friends, but they are everything to me, and frequently serve as fodder for elements of my novels, poems, and posts. They take it all in stride, though, and with good humor. So, it’s really a perfect give and take relationship! I belong to RWA national and the Desert Rose Chapter of RWA, where there are outstanding people writing fabulous stories. I grew up in Philadelphia, home of the most amazing soft pretzels, oh and the Liberty Bell. My husband and I began our own family in New Jersey, and just a few short years ago, Arizona called to my spirit and tempted my husband with much better weather! We moved our family, and the rest is history, or the present, as the case may be! These are a few of my favorite things: writing and reading of course, chocolate, music with lyrics or melodies that speak to me, soaking baths, singing in the shower, dancing with my buds, romantic dancing with my hubby, scrapbooking, watching my girls enjoy what they love to do, and laughing at jokes because Lord knows I can’t tell one!





1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting DISTORTION today on its release! I appreciate your kind words and compliments of your review so very much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!