ShareThis

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Ocean's Gift #Review @DemelzaCarlton

Ocean’s Gift
By Demelza Carlton
Reviewed by Jedi Christy


Sirens don’t fall in love with humans. For centuries it has been so…

But Sirena is different. She lost her first love to sharks and a storm, cursing the islands that stole him from her.

Times have changed and she must swim ashore once more, at the islands she once cursed.

Gone are the boats powered by sail and steam – jet boats with GPS are now the order of the day.

Enter Joe, the deckhand on the Dolphin. A handy man to have around when the lights go out. He’ll fix your generator and have the lights back on in no time, no worries.
But can he seduce a siren?

Or will she swim away, before he can uncover her secret?

A story about fishing, lobsters, beer and boobs, on some cursed islands off the West Australian coast. At least that’s how Joe tells it.
For Sirena, it’s a very different story.



As a sailor’s daughter, nothing can hit closer to my heart than a story with sirens or mermaids. In this book, I get both so how can I not love it? I also am a sucker for an author who hints at things but doesn’t spell them out in carry-on, so to speak, which she does in spades. I can say I find myself wanting to know more about each of the characters but love the interaction between the main two. The way she describes the location makes me want to go there for a scuba trip or two as well. Thank you, Demelza Carlton, for giving me the chances to reviews you book and I am looking forward to the next one. I give it a 4 star rating. 



Get your copy now!

More works by Demelza: http://demelzacarlton.wordpress.com/ 

Reviewed by
 Jedi Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!