ShareThis

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Where the Four Winds Collide Blog Tour @HildieMcQueen #Wherethefourwindscollide

Where the Four Winds Collide”
By Hildie McQueen


Adeline Buckley escapes her abusive father only to find herself in a brothel, on a stagecoach to the untamed west and married to a stranger, all in that order. Plotting another escape becomes harder, the more she gets to know her new husband.

Jackson Pruitt didn’t expect a secretive mail order bride to show up the same week cattle wrestlers absconded with a large part of his herd. The bigger surprise was the loveliness of the woman. Why would a beauty like her need to travel so far to marry?

Jackson and Adeline learn that secrets and marriage do not go hand-in-hand when both of their pasts comes knocking and both have to come to grips with the reality, that sometimes trust comes only after you lose it all.

You write both Historical Westerns and Highlander Erotic Historicals. Tell us how they are similar and how they differ. Which do you prefer to write and which do you prefer to read?

Writing is my passion and I enjoy every single story I write. From the Protector Novels, a paranormal series to Historical Westerns to the very sexy Highlander Historical Erotic. I hope to convey a connection between two people, how they meet, get to know each other and ultimately fall in love.

My hope is that my readers will find satisfaction in whatever genre they decide to pick one of my stories out of and that the characters leave a lasting impression.

I would say that the similarities between the Historical Western and the Historical Highlander erotic's are that my heroes are usually Alpha males who are tall and muscular. I've only written maybe one leaner hero, I still made sure he is quite fit and well built. The difference between the two genres is of course, the physical interaction between the hero and heroine, the sex scenes. (Smile) Readers about sixteen and up can read my Westerns while the Erotics are definitely for adults. My Protector Novels are also pretty steamy, I would say 19 and up.

What do I prefer to write? It depends on the storyline If given a choice I'd probably chose the Westerns. I've decided to keep my them at a 'sweeter' level, although there is sex in them, it's not as steamy or descriptive as my other genres and I'm surprised that I enjoy that, having to use different words and allusions allowing the reader to use their imagination is actually quite sexy.

Thank you so much for having me today!

Hildie McQueen loves storytelling and unusual settings, pair that with humor and you’ve got an idea of what her writing is like.

She makes sure action, intrigue, and sizzling romance add up to a story, her readers won’t soon forget.  Her favorite past-times are traveling, shopping and reading. She resides in beautiful small town Georgia with her super-hero husband Kurt and two unruly Chihuahuas.


Website/Blog: www.hildiemcqueen.com 

THE AUTHOR WILL BE GIVING AWAY: 

1 e-copy of “Where the Four Winds Collide” 
1 $25 Gift Amazon Certificate
 


BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE TOUR HERE, AND COMMENT EACH DAY! THE MORE YOU COMMENT, THE GREATER YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING! 

7 comments:

  1. Hello! I'll be stopping by to chat! Thank you for having me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hildie!!! So xcited for you! Loooooved this book! I'm all about the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello hello can't get enough of JACKSON.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read a western historical, but I do read other historicals. I'm going to check this book out; the synopsis is interesting. I haven't read anything by Hildie either, so I'm looking forward to reading something from her. I love discovering books and authors - it's refreshing. Something new and different. Thanks for the giveaway offer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read and do love historical romances. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I havent read a western historical but it sounds fun!
    Danielle @ Coffee and Characters
    http://www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read them. I like all forms of romance.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!