ShareThis

Monday, October 22, 2012

Rockstar Pumpkin Vomit

Holy cow talk about crazy weekend! Friday night was one of the first nights I've had in a long time where I didn't have my son, and I had the opportunity to go out and be an adult! I know that I'm not going to be able to go out with the big kids for Halloween, so I did my dressing up on Friday and went as a rocker chick. Yep, I looked hot. Apparently, I told everyone I saw how hot I was too. Only slightly embarrassing.

Friday night get-up. Reminder to self: don't wear tie to bar in the future. Too many people think it's a handle for their own pleasure.
On Saturday, my parents and I took my son and niece to a pumpkin patch about 30 miles away from our town (that's close for our area). The little ones had so much fun! It's always a joy to see those two enjoying themselves. Unfortunately, I got eaten alive by tiny black beetle-looking bugs, and still have the red itchy spots to prove it. Taylor (my son) also got sick Saturday night/Sunday morning. I'm not sure if it's a stomach bug or if something else made him sick, but the little fella is such a trooper and did his best to play like a normal three year old the next day.

The outcasts. The pumpkins were set aside from the ones for sale because they were considered unacceptable. I, however, thought they were eye catching.
By Sunday, Tay and I just stayed home. Normally, we go to church with my parents and have lunch with them before naptime, but Tay said his tummy still hurt, so we stayed home and watched movies. He must not have been feeling too horribly ill; he helped me pick up the living room! Bless his little heart.

By Sunday evening, I was so tired, I completely forgot to do my blog post! So, here I am, almost done at work for the day, and I'm FINALLY getting around to it.

On another note, Jessie and I have really made some headway on Love During Death! As of Friday night, we had passed the 30k mark and set a goal for this week to do a minimum of 2k a day (Mon-Fri) to equal a minimum of 10k a week (not including weekend days). So far today, I already wrote over 2k and Jessie hasn't even taken her turn yet! If we are able to keep it up like this, we should be done writing in about 2-3 weeks and ready for editing. We're aiming for a January 1st, 2012 release. I have faith that we'll have it done.

Every Monday, Jessie and I try to have a "Sneaky Peaky" excerpt on one of our fan pages on Facebook, if not on both. For anyone interested in reading them, be sure to check out my page here or Jessie's page here.

Halloween is coming up! Anyone have big plans? Taylor is going as Spiderman (which is no big surprise) so I'm collaborating and going as Mary Jane. I hope to get a picture done so everyone can see how horrible I look *wink wink*. I also have a swag pack up for grabs in the Paranormal Book Club Halloween giveaway (I'm Pack #3). Be sure to check it out if you haven't done so already!


Well, off to another week! I'm excited to see how well Jessie and I do on our goal. I'm stoked to get this book done and out to you all! Stay tuned! We'll keep you as entertained as we possibly can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!