ShareThis

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Rants and Woes

This last week I've been even more tired than my usual level of exhaustion. Being stressed about the audit at my day job really did a number on me. Alas, the audit is finis and I survived! Back to normal life...hopefully.

It's time for a change. I've failed miserably in my attempt to lose weight over the last year and I need to do something to make myself feel better. I think a haircut is in order, but I don't know what style I want to do. Decisions decisions!

I've really been out of my element. I desperately need to get some writing done and it's not going very smoothly. How does one find missing element? I must rediscover self!

It's been seven months. Seven months since I had a date, since I had any semblance of life away from being a parent. I find myself craving a relationship more and more with every passing day. However, I live in a part of the world that has been suffering a man drought for YEARS. It's a college town, but with a combination of immaturity and Hollywood social influence, those referred to as "men" are far from. Being a single parent, I already have one strike against me: I have a child. Strike two is introduced as a body type. I'm overweight and far from Hollywood's idea of beautiful. I'm also quite pale and refuse to fake bake. I guess I still have one strike left, but there always seems to be something. Regardless, I don't let the world tell me what is beautiful. I know that I am in my own right and have to keep telling myself that if it's meant to be, I will someday find someone worth my time.

Well, I feel better. That was a much need rant! Perhaps now I'll have better luck with writing and my muse will like me again! Until next week!

4 comments:

  1. Take it from me, Rachel. You are beautiful, it is just that they don't realise it. I always like a lady with a full figure, cuddling is so important in a relationship and if you are skinny as those Hollywood girls are, there is not much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There need to be more men in the world like you, Al. It's unbelievable that people (in general) allow the influences of others take root in their life decisions and preferences. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. I applaud you for being so candid with your readers . The truth is you are approaching your dilemma in the wrong way. And I know this is easier said than done, but you have to want these things for yourself, not to please others. It's the shallow male that doesn't look pass the outside in the attempt to get to know a girl. You don't want that kind of guy anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yez, I'm not approaching anything. As desperate as I may feel, I have made too many poor decisions in the past and have learned from them. I refuse to settle for less than I deserve, and if that means staying single, then so be it. It just becomes frustrating at times and I need to blow off steam. I know there are men out there who'll appreciate me for who I am not what I look like. The problem is, they don't exist in my area. Such is life!

      Delete

Thanks for your input!